At Laser Eye Surgery of Erie, we work hard to make your LASIK experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
For your comfort and convenience, the surgery suite is located within our office. You will need someone to drive you the day of your procedure and you should plan to be at our office approximately 1-1.5 hours.
- Your eyes will be numbed with anesthetic drops and a mild sedative will help you feel relaxed. A lid speculum is then placed in the eye to keep it open.
- The Femtosecond Laser Ring is placed on the eye.
- The IFS Intralase Femtosecond laser creates a thin “flap” with a “hinge.” The flap is lifted so the laser is allowed to reshape the inner corneal tissue.
- The Visx STAR 4 excimer laser, which has been programmed specifically for your unique vision correction, is aimed onto the exposed inner corneal tissue and the gentle laser beam, guided by a computer, is directed to reshape the cornea.
- The “flap” is placed back into its original position on the cornea and ensuring its proper positioning.
Most patients only report a slight pressure during the procedure, but no pain. There may be slight discomfort for a day or two after the procedure, which can be controlled with prescription eye drops.
While many of our patients can see better immediately after LASIK, we recommend that you have someone drive you home so you can relax with your eyes closed and allow the healing process to begin. You will need someone to drive yourself to your post op appointment the following day.
We are happy to answer all of your questions about LASIK. Contact us today to schedule your FREE LASIK Consultation.
PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is a different form of laser vision correction that provides results similar to LASIK. This technique uses an excimer laser, but it does not include the creation of a corneal flap. Some patients who are not suited for LASIK can benefit from this procedure, but the healing process is longer than with LASIK. Call us at 814-455-7591 and schedule your LASIK Evaluation today to see if you’re a good candidate.