Erie, PA – 16502
This position is responsible for processing all incoming patient and insurance payments. Balancing the daily business activities and closing out each day’s receipts for the deposit. Responsible for all insurance claims preparation and filing (both paper and electronic), insurance aging reports, as well as review and follow up on all incorrect payment amounts or denials. Accurately send patient statements and maximize payment amount and turnaround times.
Minimum of two (2) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes. Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Accurately post all incoming patient and insurance payments.
- Balance daily business activities and close out each day’s receipts for the deposit.
- Ensure payments are secured until posted
- Enter all lock box information, including insurance EOB’s and denials.
- Generate necessary reports
- Prepare and process claims
- Attach EOB’s, reports or original claims forms as needed
- Contact insurance companies requesting policy and coverage limits, deductible amounts and any pre-existing clauses when coverage is in question.
- Obtain authorizations for any procedure requiring prior approval
- Resubmission of unpaid claims
- Respond to billing phone calls and questions
- Daily charge entry
- Responsible for sending patient statements and collection letters
- Establish patient payments plans if appropriate and agreeable
- Meet with supervisor to discuss problem accounts when necessary
- Monitor daily schedules to become aware of scheduled patients with open balances exceeding 90 days and phone patients prior to their arrival re: these balances
- Assist front office personnel, as time and demand require
- Maintains a working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Work as a team member within the department and office as a whole.
- Travel to satellite office locations as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned