Erie, PA – 16502
Design, measure, fit and adapt lenses and frames for patient according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist patient with selecting frames. Measure patient for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription. Prepare work order for optical laboratory. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit patient.
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferably 1+ years’ experience dispensing corrective lenses. Ability to operate lensometers and other equipment. Excellent customer service and sales skills. Ability to convey information effectively. Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively. Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation. Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Evaluates prescription in conjunction with patients vocational visual requirements
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit patient needs
- Measures patients bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using millimeter rule light reflex pupilometer
- Heats, shapes, or bends plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit patient
- Instructs patients in adapting to, wearing and caring for eyeglasses
- Sells optical goods
- Order select frames for display
- Maintain records of patient prescriptions, work orders and payments
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, entering insurance information and performing simple bookkeeping
- Show patients how to insert, remove and care for contact lenses
- Repair damaged frames
- Obtain patients previous record or verify a prescription with the examining Optometrist
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Record patient charges for billing department
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times
- Adhere to employer work practices as described in the Laser Eye Surgery of Erie Exposure Plan policy
- Work as a team member within the department and office as a whole.
- Travel to satellite office locations as necessary
- Document work processes as required
- Perform other duties as assigned