Thank you for your interest in a career with Laser Eye Surgery of Erie. Please complete the information below. Entries will not be accepted without resume attached.
BILLING SPECIALIST JOB POSTING
Laser Eye Surgery of Erie is looking for an energetic medical biller to join our team full-time. The Medical Billing Specialist will be responsible for medical billing, payment posting, and A/R management.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a very good understanding of remittances, denials, coding, payer contracts and EOB’s as well as prior ophthalmology or retina billing experience. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, able to multitask and is professional on the phone with insurance companies, patients and clients. Must be fast and accurate entering information on the computer.
Ability to integrate into our team oriented approach and ensuring our patients receive the best service possible is extremely critical. This is a great opportunity for a well-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated person who has at least 3 years of medical billing experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Post charges, reviewing unusual diagnosis codes, cross-checking procedures with the diagnosis codes, and ensuring proper unites are billed.
• Maximize reimbursement through optimum coding, recordkeeping, and follow up.
• Organize and bill electronic insurance claims.
• Devote time weekly to work current rejections. Fix errors and re-bill accordingly.
• Maintain accurate and detailed reports such as Aged Account Receivables.
• Organized work habits, accuracy, and proven attention to detail.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
• Work aged accounts on assigned payers prioritizing accounts that are approaching timely filing denial.
• Look up payer eligibility using payer websites/call payers to obtain needed information for billing. Update all accounts in the system for that patient and re-bill.
• Contact guarantors as needed to determine insurance coverage.
• Initiate appeals to payers following the guidelines outlined for the payer. Note account and track appeal to resolution.
• Enter notes on all claims with action taken.
• Provide work status updates to management upon request that may include running statistical reports.
• Answer patient phone calls and assist with billing questions.
• Meet all established deadlines and assigned goals.
• Inform management of any problems or changes with system or payers identified during the course of daily work.
• Understand and follow all payer rules when setting up billing schemes on accounts to ensure accurate claims.
• Understand coding rules and schemes to detect potential claim errors. Consult with supervisor on those accounts in question.
• Ability to work independently but also work effectively with others as a team to accomplish objectives and goals.
• Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and follow schedules.
• Ability to work within a team setting and as an individual contributor.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3-4 years of experience as a Medical Biller or medical billing credentials
• Extensive knowledge of Medicare and other third party procedures, payer websites, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT coding and claims management.
Laser Eye Surgery of Erie does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, genetic information, age, pregnancy, disability, or marital status in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices.